The advanced agile competencies program by iLean
A four months journey for scrum masters, team leads, agile coaches, product owners, product managers and management
Our next Klimaks journey starts in Januari 2023
(6 contact days will be published soon)
A program aimed at developing organisational competencies
Our trainers and coaches at iLean have extensive experience in developing organisational agility.
In contrast to much classical training, in our program, we focus on:
Through learning, we recreate ourselves become able to do what we were never able to. Agility is not about tools and processes but about the ability to learn.
While there is value in consultancy, we value organisational competencies more
We have designed a four-month program that incorporates all elements of a great learning experience. Combining interactive group training, applied workshops, individual coaching & assignments, and access to the Agile Community allows for an unforgettable learning experience.
During the program, we take the time to integrate and review our organisational growth, progress and failure together.
The program catalyses team and organisational growth. This takes time. We foresee sufficient time to look into many different topics, integrate our learnings, space out interleaved practice and gradually improve by sharing feedback.
The training modules introduce different topics and perspectives. In the workshops, we deepen our learnings, practice, and discover new ways of seeing.
Increase your personal growth and leadership skills. Examine your mental models and blind spots. Or just get inspired.
We encourage participants to contribute to the Agile community by attending or organising sessions.
Workshops & training
The backbone of the Klimaks program is a selected set of interactive, hands-on training modules about different essential aspects of an Agile organisation. Knowledge about the Agile fundamentals through previous training or experience is a prerequisite.
A set of interweaved workshops accompanies the training modules. These workshops are a platform for participants to apply their learnings and review them with their peers.
Learn how to use feedback that drives agility.
- I can dissect Agile methods into interacting PDCA cycles and see the bigger picture of how they work as a system.
- I can identify the feedback problems that affect our operations and business results.
- I can identify how long term operational or business strategy changes affect short term changes.
- I will never consider Agile as just a collection of best practices again.
- I can apply the building blocks to grow towards a real team
- I can take steps to improve our team design and work design to make co-creation possible
- I can explain how Agile teams can benefit our organisation
- I can differentiate and apply different types of coaching in different team stages or situations
- I can map the System of Work to our context
- I see how intuitive interventions cause counter-intuitive results and worsen our flow.
- I can identify the strategies that, in our context, might be levers for better flow.
- I know how to stay out of the resource efficiency paradox
- I can make a case for introducing structural slack in my context
- I can interpret and follow up flow metrics to get insight into our process health
How does increased agility interplay with predictability?
- I understand how to balance predictability with business agility
- I can make the distinction between unnecessary variability (hassle) and value-adding variability
- I will never use velocity again to "fill a sprint."
- I can use estimation to uncover process patterns for better anticipation.
- I know how to avoid the Estimation Paradox.
- I can facilitate an authentic conversation where different points of view are welcomed instead of opposed.
- I can start listening to myself and discover my assumptions before judging others.
- I see and feel how conversations are essential for building psychological safety.
- I see how mental models are part of the deeper structure of an organization and affect behaviour and culture
- I can visualise how variables are interconnected to explain my mental model better.
- I can facilitate a conversation to bring different mental models to the surface and better understand the problem.
- I can discover possible levers in tackling team problems.
- I can coach Product Owners in developing better results
- I know how to create a win-win relationship with Product management to connect continuous operational improvement with business agility
- I know how to stay out of the build trap and can assess the learning abilities of our team
- I can use OKRs to implement our business and operational team strategy
- I know how to improve team engagement by setting and pursuing meaningful goals
- I can start practising objectives and key results and building habits to truly make progress
- I can design the right retrospective for the right purpose
- I know how to avoid the most common retrospective pitfalls
- I can assess how we are progressing in our improvement cycles
- I know how to improve retrospective habits in my context
- I can try out techniques to engage our team in the learning process
All our trainers are seasoned professionals with loads of experience. As part of the iLean family, they all practice what they preach.
- 19+ years of experience in Agile
- Specialised in Agile training and workshops
- Undeniable technical roots
- 15 years of experience in Agile
- Specialied in coaching and training
- Agile generalist
We regularly organise public training, but we can also discuss possibilities for in-house training.
3.695 € / pp (excl. btw)
Next program starts September 6th 2022
The specific dates of the upcoming program will be published soon!
- Day 1: Make Agile Work
- Day 2: Team Design
- Day 3: Flow & Predictability
- Day 4: Artful Conversations & Causal Loops
- Day 5: Product Discovery
- Day 6: OKR’s & Retrospectives
- Celebration session
Remark: these days are on-site full-day sessions (except the last one). Only if circumstances require us to switch to online sessions, we will perform the classes online.
Get in touch with us to receive a quote for in-house training.
Are you in doubt whether Klimaks is something for you? Not sure if your schedule will allow you to join? See our FAQ below!
Klimaks is a development program where participants apply their knowledge in their teams and bring back feedback to the participant group. We expect the participants to have a particular basic experience before starting the Klimaks program.
After completing the Klimaks program, we will award you a Klimaks certificate. This certificate requires you to follow the entire program and work on the assignments.
In case you miss a training, workshop or assignment, we’ll look for a way for you to catch up with the content.
Yes, there will be homework assignments to prepare before some workshops.
The Klimaks program is set up as a lightweight program with 1 or 2 training days per month. The homework will not exceed a few hours per month.
We expect the participants to have basic knowledge and experience in the Agile way of working. We also assume that the participants are currently working with or in an Agile team to apply the Klimaks assignments in real life.
The primary location for our in-person sessions is Mechelen. If restrictions require us to switch to online, we will adapt the schedule accordingly.